Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year...2011!

Happy New Year to family & friends!  We just got back into town from spending a wonderful couple days with my sister Jana in Thatcher, AZ.  It snowed on the mountains and on us a little but never stuck to the ground.  The kids were so excited to see snow!  We are so thankful my parents could meet us half way and visit as well.  We are grateful for family and enjoyed every minute.  My sister Jana and I felt like we were in the movie cheaper by the dozen feeding all those kids.  We got a little system down quick.  It was wonderful to see the Gila Valley Temple last night while leaving that great valley.  Angel Moroni was shining so brightly and it just gave me the chills!  I am so grateful to be a member of this great church and to have temples where we can feel peace and serve our Heavenly Father.  I am looking forward to having a great year with good health!

 Aunt Tootsie & Uncle Charlie loving on Paige.  It was so great to spend time with them & get to know Charlie's kids Ian & Braden.  They are great boys!
 The kids about to go swimming at the hotel.  The mountains were beautiful!
The beautiful Gila Valley Temple...sure wish I could've gotten a better picture.

 Uncle Charlie took these adorable pictures of Paige while we were driving around Thatcher.

2 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 is as great for you (& even better) than 2010. :-) Becky

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your sweet comment.

I still haven't had a chance to visit the Gila Valley Temple and it's so shameful because I was born in the Gila Valley. (raised in Mesa though.)
The pictures are gorgeous and how fun for your family to get to see snow!
I was in the hospital when it snowed in Mesa, so I missed it. But we got to see a beautiful view of snow on the mountains. We Arizonans are so weird... we get sick of the summers, love rainy days, and snow flurries put us in a frenzy of joy! :)