Thursday, November 5, 2009

Projects...keeping my mind busy

I have had a couple of projects lately that have needed some finishing up.  This summer while I was in Logan, UT visiting family I had the opportunity to stay with my grandparents.  While I was there we went through several boxes to find lots and lots of scrap material.  I decided to take on the challenge to make a quilt my ward was making.  I finished it there after many hours of work and had it quilted.  Well I finished binding it about 2 weeks ago.  It really means so much to me because it is fabric that my grandma Baker used years ago for her girls clothes.  I love it so much and I am grateful it is finished!

Amberly's birthday was the beginning of this month so I wanted to make her something.  We have so many quilts and blankets but she didn't have a princess blanket...so I decided to make one for her.  I needed a little help though so a very sweet patient friend named Karen came to the rescue and taught me many different things.  How grateful I am to her!  I finished the quilt before my mom came to town and had it quilted the next day.  It took me quite sometime to put the cute white binding ruffle around it (what a pain in the rump) but it turned out cute better than I thought it was going to.  


Then I decided oh how fun it would be to have a quilt for every holiday to put on the couch to cuddle with.  I am NOT going to make one for every holiday.  I have decided one was enough.  It is a Halloween quilt.  This darling material became such a pain in my neck after trying to machine quilt it without a whatever sewimg foot I needed.  So after about 10-15 hours sitting on the couch unpicking I decided to tie it with yarn (which is not my favorite) but it just had to work because I was determined to finish by Halloween.  If you could only imagine a big pregnant belly tying a quilt...it was a challenge but I did finish the quilt 2 days before Halloween.  It was an accomplishment for me because I made this quilt start to finish without any help!!!!  YEA!!!!  I think I might be taking a break for awhile except I keep thinking I should make a little baby girl blanket for this sweet little angel who will be coming in 2 months!  Anybody want to do it for me?????  just kidding!

No comments: