That evening we went to Kirsten's (a sister-in-law) birthday luau. We had fun visiting and drinking hot chocolate. Keith and I wore our matching Hawaiian clothes. Dressing up brought back lots of memories of the trips we've had to Hawaii and it made both of us want to go again...we will someday!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
First time making Tamales...
On Friday I finally found a little time to quickly get to Sam's Club to buy a beef roast and pork roast to make Tamales Saturday with Aunt Donna. I have always wanted to learn so I called Aunt Donna a couple weeks ago to actually plan a day to make them. I got two roaster ovens and at 3:00 finally got all the roasts put it and cooked by 8:00. Uncle Lamar and Aunt Donna came over to shred the meat and add the seasonings so the meat could soak up all those good flavors during the night. When I woke up this morning my house smelt so yummy! We started at 11:00 am and finished at 5:00 pm. We made 12 dozen tamales and they are delicious! I learned a lot and wore myself out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment