Ricole and Amberly giving Paige a warm sponge bath. She really didn't like it!
What an amazing helper!
Paige fell FAST asleep after the dressing was removed, bath was given and very warm blankets were put on her. She calmed down immediately.
This is our silly Amberly. My mom took the kids to Target and they bought these darling little animals for Paige. Grandma and Rylan hooked them in Amberly's hair. She is so funny!

How I love to hold Paige. This is right before bed last night after Uncle LaMar & Aunt Donna brought me dinner..a good old hamburger from Whataburger! Thanks!
I loved my nurse last night. Her name is Theresa and she is from the Philippines. She came in cleaned up the room, took things out that were making it a little crowded and served me up some yummy cranberry juice with crushed ice...I didn't expect any of that! WOW! We visited as I cuddled with Paige and as she just whipped around the room doing what needed to be done. She was amazing! I really enjoyed getting to know her through out the night.
Paige fast asleep after a long day. She is improving everyday. I just pray that she will get off of the pacemaker and her swollen body will go down. I love her so much!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Day 2...
Paige just got her art line taken out of her right hand and an IV out of her right foot. She has a little sock on her hand so she doesn't pull the band aid off. She had a rough night with pain but is doing better early this morning. She is so cute! Last night I got to lay in the bed with her and it helped her calm down. What a mother's touch can do! It was wonderful to be so close to someone you love so much! I will probably get to hold her later today which of course I am so excited to do! It looks like it is going to be another beautiful hot sunny day. I saw the beautiful thunder storm from my window last night and enjoyed every minute of it.

Amberly and Grandma came to visit me this morning. Molly (a heart mom) brought a delicious sandwich from Sack's right here by the hospital. It was great to visit with Molly she answered several questions I had. How grateful I am for the support group! Amberly wanted to stay and watch movies, color, eat ice cream, pizza & french fries. So she spent the day from 2:00 until about 6:00 when my mom, Shaylee & Rylan showed up.

Amberly got to help the nurses give Paige medicine and give her a sponge bath. She wants to be a nurse someday. She is so interested in everything they do and asks a ton of questions.
She sat so still and just watched them take all the dressing off of Paige's new cut.
This picture is hard for some people to look but her new scar was finally revealed today and I just had to get a picture of it. She has two chest tubes. Those should be coming out tomorrow as well as her IV to her Internal Jugular Vein in her neck. The little tiny thin wires are pace wires. Hopefully the pacemaker will be turned off tomorrow...all depends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh, jamie . . . you are such a trooper. paige is lucky to have you for her mom. what an example of service and love you are with that little girl. i'm thinking about you!
We are praying for your sweet little angle & your AWESOME family! We sure love you guys!! May the Lord be with you Jamie!! You are the strongest women I know & Paige is amazing. We'll keep praying for her.Kelsey said the prayer last night & she said such sweet things about Paige it would have melted your heart. Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you & love you guys!!
im so happy to hear she is doing well! i hope everything continues to go good!! i love you jamie! let me know if there is anything i can do!!
It was good seeing you and cute Paige at the hospital. I'm sorry you had a rough night. I love the pics of you and Paige- You are an amazing Mom! I wish I could be there more with you but my 2 babies keep me very busy! I love you! Misty
Post a Comment