Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 4...

Paige SMILED at me! Hooray!!!!!! She has all of those fun wires out except for one IV in her left hand. She loves to take her pulse ox off of her toe so I am continually putting a little white sock on it her toe to cover it so the alarm will turn off. She ate a full bottle and took her medicine that she takes everyday at home. She is very sleepy right now. Things at home are great. My mom is having a lot of fun with the kids. I am switching places tonight with Keith so I can catch up on some sleep and spend some time with my kiddos and mom. I will miss being with her so much. My heart is so full!
I am tired...I need a nap...
but...I love my mommy!


Grandma Thurston came to see Paige at the hospital on Friday with the kids. She is planning on leaving Saturday and we aren't sure when Paige is getting home so she wanted to say her goodbyes.
Grandma was sure happy to see Paige almost herself again. It was really hard for her to see her swollen. I left for the night to go home and Keith headed to the hospital. It was so hard to leave the hospital even though I put Paige to sleep. I was about to have a panic attack actually I was. I couldn't relax until Keith got there. I called him every 10 minutes to see if he made it. My mom and I and the kids went to watch Kent play football at MCC. It was so much fun to see my little (BIG) brother play...it is his dream! Keith finally called after I got the kids dinner at In and Out Burger and immediately my body was calm again. Keith said when he got there she was asleep. He put his stuff down and she stayed asleep and he went outside the door and started talking to the nurse. He glanced back over his shoulder and Paige had the biggest eyes and was so excited to see him. She woke right up when she heard daddy's voice. She had a good night and so did Keith. I was glad to be back home in my own bed. I really needed to catch up but couldn't go to sleep until 11:30.

3 comments:

Amy and David said...

yay! That is great news.

K.C. + Sherry Layton said...

she seems to be doing soooo well!!!! her pictures from day 3 to day 4 are like night and day! amazing, our bodies, arent they! she is amazing and so are you! sleep well! all my love

Misty Selvidge said...

Yea- Paige is smiling-How cute! I can't believe she is home tonight a day early! When my brother had heart surgery a long time ago it was at least a month in the hospital. What a miracle and blessing! We hope this week goes well at home!