Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 5...

Paige is on her way HOME!
Keith called early this morning and said Paige had a good night. He called back again a little later and said Paige gets to come home at 2:00! We all screamed with excitement at home! Paige had to be in the hospital for a couple of hours after the Pace wires were taken out. They switched her from an adult bed to a crib the last 4 hours of her stay. She was so exhausted nothing was making her happy so Keith unplugged her wires and put her in the stroller and took her for about 20 laps around the unit. She was thrilled to be out of her room.


She loved watching the fish tank by the snack area.
Look how happy she is...she really was sick of her room!



Finally getting the last IV out.
Much better...I am ready to go HOME!

Paige & Sarah her last nurse. We had her before and she is awesome!
Paige looked at Keith the whole way home. She was so happy. If she could talk she would be saying THANKS FOR TAKING ME HOME!
I was so excited to see her. Thanks Max for the unexpected picture...but I am glad you took it! I was cleaning all day getting ready for her arrival. We are so grateful she made it home after only 6 days in the hospital. We are so blessed to have her in our life. She is so strong and one little fighter. She blows me away. She is doing great being home...we hope she can get a full nights rest without the interuptions you get in the hospital. We pray that she will recover well. She has a photo shoot to be in the Heart Baby Calendar on Monday and a follow up Chest X-ray and check up on Thursday. What a great day!
I miss my mom!

6 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Amazing!!! There's no better place than home after a long hospital stay. I'm so happy everything has gone so well! Enjoy being home:)

Amy and David said...

That is so so very wonderful!!!! Congratulations!! Kylie spent thos first couple of days just laying on the couch, but it was just so nice to have her home!

Lori Taylor said...

I am so glad that she is home - for both you and her. She is looking good. What a sweetheart!

Greg and Heidi said...

So great!!! I am impressed. How in the world did you get Keith to take pictures while on hospital duty. I don't think my husband ever took one all the 60+nights he slept over!

Christine said...

I'm not sure if you know me! Your husband was good friends with my brother-in-law (Tom Hansen), and I knew him growing up in SJ. I found your blog as I was hopping around one day and have been following your sweet baby's story. I just had to say I'm so glad that your beautiful little one is home and doing well. That is so, so great. She's a little miracle, and I'm so glad for all of you. :)

Karen said...

I am so glad Paige is home! I belive in miracles! So happy for your family!