Last night Paige had to have more blood drawn. She was poked seven times and still nothing so they poked her heal and still not a big blood flow. They had to squeeze her heal and scrap the little blood they could to get the amount they needed. Then at midnight the blood had clotted so they found a big fat vein in her forehead. My heart aches and I hate to see her go through that because I hate being poked too! At 2:30 am I fed her. I made sure she got every last drop because it was the last she could eat before her Catherization at 9 am the next morning. Right before her Catherization Friday morning her hand was completely swollen from the IV. The anestesiologist would not take her until they had blood work. Well Paige doesn't like to share her blood. They tried again to poke her but nothing was happening so in the head they went. They started the Cath at 10:15 am and they brought her back to the PCITCU at 4:30-5:00.
The kids arrived just about an hour after she got back from Cath. This is sweet Shaylee wishing so badly she could hold Paige.
Her heart rate was low from the medicine they had her on. I think it worried him when I said oh my gosh her heart rate is so low. He asked me what it was supposed to be so he watched it closely. He kept his eye on the screen and would let us know what it was every couple minutes.
Her catherization went well but they wish they had more to tell us. I went home for the the weekend. I talked to the kids quite a bit in the car about Paige and asked them several questions. They are doing good. I am thankful for them and the strength they give me. They are amazing children and Heavenly Father new I would need strong spirits to make it through hard times like this. I am truly blessed to have them in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment